Hypoglycemia is a widely spread disease for both adults and children. It is estimated that approximately 14% of Spaniards suffer from type 2 diabetes. The reason why the number of people suffering from this disease has increased so significantly in recent years is due to an increasingly unhealthy lifestyle. increase blood glucose levels . Type 2 diabetes is precisely the most common form of diabetes. It is characterized in that the body cannot make use of glucose as an energy source.
Regarding its causes, one of the most important is family history. Also a sedentary lifestyle and obesity are risk factors. To reduce blood sugar levels 100% naturally, it is best to know which are the most beneficial foods. They are foods with a high nutritional value that greatly favor the proper functioning of the body.
Foods to lower blood glucose level
There are a number of foods that are of great help to control such levels:
• Walnuts : they are one of the healthiest dried fruits that exist. They are high in Omega 3 fatty acids, so walnuts help care for the cardiovascular system. In addition, they help reduce blood sugar levels and insulin is stable.
• Cinnamon : Recent studies have confirmed that taking half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder markedly increases the sensitivity of the body's cells to the action of insulin, thus regulating blood glucose.
• Blue fish: another very healthy food, both for children and adults. Species like tuna or mackerel favor the slowdown of glucose absorption by the intestine.
• Garlic : Garlic is a great natural antibiotic. One of its best known properties is that it helps reduce blood cholesterol levels. In addition, it has a great ability to lower blood sugar levels and increase the amount of insulin available in those with diabetes.
• Onion : It is a food rich in quercetin, a type of flavonoid. A substance that helps reduce blood sugar level and also prevents cardiovascular disease.