Remember the feeling when you are asleep on a lazy Sunday morning, and a housefly finds its way into the house. Its incessant buzzing disturbs your peaceful sleep while you try your utmost best to make it go away. We can't help you with the fly but we can when you face problems with your computer. Having issues with your computer sets in the same feeling of annoyance, lucky for you guys we know how to handle.
HP is no doubt one of the best in the business, but even they can fall into problems after all they're human too. Luckily any issue that you face with the Sound Driver can be solved. These are some solutions that may help and can be performed by you.
Restart the Laptop:
It might sound too old school; well, the device's sound drivers may be facing interference from some applications open on your computer. Restarting the laptop makes them stop.
Updating to the latest audio driver:
Often obsolete sound drivers cause a problem due to compatibility; make sure you have the latest versions only.
Update the latest audio driver using the following steps:
- Run the device manager from the search bar from the taskbar
- Open the Sound, video and game controller option in the device manager.
- The list will expand into two possibilities: Intel R audio and Realtek High definition audio.
- Right-click on the Realtek and click the option to update drivers.
- You can now choose to browse from the existing downloads or search and download from the website.
- Choose what suits you and continue with the wizard.
Getting help using the HP Customer Support:
- Visit the official HP website to download the support assistant https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html
- After the download is complete, launch the support assistant using the search bar on the desktop.
- Under the, my device option chooses your device, and under troubleshooting click on the audio check-in one-click fixes.
Let the HP Customer Support assistant carry out the test.
- Now review the choices that you get from audio diagnostic test results
- Tap on test audio
- If no sound comes from your device, choose 'unable to hear audio' option
- Continue with the wizard to solve the problem.
Your operating system offers a troubleshooting wizard for detecting and solving issues with playing sound.
- Run the 'Find and fix problems with playing sound' from the search bar located in the taskbar.
- Choose your laptop
- Let troubleshooter find the problem
- Click close after the troubleshooter has completed the process
- In the event of a viable solution, you can apply the solution while skipping the others.
Checking up on the hardware:
Often audio issues occur due to the hardware, follow these to check whether it is a hardware issue instead.
- Sometimes due to dust and dirt in the speaker, it is unable to work correctly. To avoid this, please clean the speaker with a dust brush or a cloth.
- If you are using a headphone, please make sure it isn't the headphone that is not working. To check this plug it in any other device and test, if the problem persists with the headphone then replace it.
Sometimes we are not the best person suited for the job. It might happen that even after following all these steps, your problem persists, and your audio driver continues not to function.
In this case, the best solution is to contact HP Customer Service Phone Number and have a technician look at it. What we can't solve they might be able to, after all, they do make one of the best laptops on the market. They will be happy to help you out with the problem.
To know more, you can call our toll-free number at +1(844)-539-9831