This in-depth recorded workshop is designed to help new and stalled filmmakers understand the process by which $1M+ movies are safely and swiftly developed, packaged, funded, produced, and distributed. It comes with a step-by-step in-depth primer on producing a $1M+ film, several hours of video from experts covering everything from distribution to funding, full written documentation documentation, and support via email to answer your questions.
Building a $1M+ film, like building a $1M+ house, requires a specific process that minimizes risk, up front costs, and time invested while maximizing the probability of a financially successful project. Failure to follow the right process is almost always an expensive mistake.
You will learn:
- How to fully secure the rights to produce a film based on a script
- How (and why) to attach name talent to your project
- Where to find investors and how to convince them to put money into your film
- How to get an accurate shooting schedule and production budget
- Getting financial forecasts investors and lender will believe
- How to acquire distribution in the US & Worldwide (including theatrical release)
You get immediate access to written workbooks including:
- A step-by-step $1M+ Film Blueprint Workbook that covers everything from script acquisition, budgeting, creating shooting schedules, working with SAG, to setting up your production company, acquiring distribution, applying for and getting state rebates, funding through investment and loans, distribution, and creating back end deals.
- Casting Name Talent Wookbook
- Raising Money From Investors using Regulation D and Regulation CF Investment Workbook
- Intellectual Property Fundamentals Workbook
- and more . . .
And You Get Immediate Access to Multiple Expert Videos including:
- How to Produce a $1M+ Movie: An In-Depth, Step by Step, Primer
- How to Work with a Professional Line Producer
- How to Work with a Professional Cinematographer
- Foreign Rights Sales & Selling Your Film through Filmmarkets
- Contract Fundamentals & Avoding Litigation
- Getting Production Insurance and Completion Bonds and Why You Need Them
Note from Nancy:
I created this recorded workshop because many folks can’t make it to face to face meetings here in Los Angeles. This set of materials, with support for your questions via email, teaches you the process by which you can minimize risk and maximize profit as you build and produce your film.
Nancy Fulton has taught for UCLA and the Art Institute and has been producing media and supporting creative professionals from a business and technical perspective for more than 25 years. She is executive producer for Mobile Motion Mocap. Learn more at www.MobileMotionMocap.com.
“ Nancy you are amazing. Thank you for doing all this to benefit all of us newcomers. ” — DP
“ Very relevant and helpful. Nancy, you're doing a great job! Thank you! ”
— Pamela Davis
“ Nancy is amazing and such a gift to the filmmaking community. ”
— Jim Henson
“ Nancy, you amaze me with your giving spirit and ability to bring such great guests on board. Thanks for all you do to help us excel in our careers. ”
— Susan Shearer
“ A very useful, educational resource that is incredibly generous in giving knowledge and expertise to the filmmaking community. ”
— Pippa Hinchley
“ Good information resource. Well organized. ”
“ Nancy's Film Funding Club is very valuable. Always lots of great information. It's very obvious that she puts a lot of work into these seminars for us (slideshows, audio recordings, coordinating guest speakers, etc.). I am very grateful and appreciative to her and her guests for their time and talent to help further our careers. ”
“ interesting, innovative approach. thank you, Nancy! ”
— Camille Bacos
About the Film Funding Club: “ I'm thoroughly enjoying this club. I wish I had found out about it way earlier, I'd be way ahead of the game. I would recommend this club to anyone who truly wants to learn the business aspect of the film industry. ”
— Reinaldo D'Amico