We will learn how to use two most powerful instructions in BASIC - Peek and Poke. We can use them to read from and write to the memory, which on C64 is not only used to store data. By writing values into specific addresses we can display graphics, play sound, modify the behaviour of the operating system or even crash the computer if we're not careful.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share