VIC-II the graphical chip of Commodore 64 can display eight movable bitmaps, also known as sprites. It is a feature designed specifically to use in games. Sprites can be controlled by the set of registers that are mapped directly onto the memory starting at the hexadecimal address $d000...
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.