The 6502 stack is not only useful as a temporary storage for data in assembly programs. It is also used internally by the processor in three jump instructions: jsr, rts and rti.
Knowing this allows us to use rts and rti instructions not only to return but also as jump instructions.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.