Commodore 64 has plenty of built-in graphical modes that we can use to paint images on the screen. All of them use characters in one way or the other. Some of them enable us to achieve better resolution while others give us more colors or more characters to choose from.
Today we will use the Hi-Res character mode to create a mockup of a rogue-like game with knights, monsters, dragons and coins. Lot's of coins...
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.