The last of built-in character modes that the Commodore 64 can display is an extended background color mode.
It allows us to combine high-resolution graphics with additional colors but sacrifices the amount of characters that we can choose from.
In the hands of a skilled artist it can give your game a unique look that cannot be replicated in different modes.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share