The VIC-II - the graphical chip of Commodore 64 was designed in a hurry and many of its features ended having unexpected side effects.
Discovering those quirks, and using them to enhance capabilities of the computer can be surprisingly fun.
Today we will learn how to fool VIC-II to open top and bottom part of the border.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.