One of the reasons behind the popularity of Commodore 64 was the quality of the sound it could produce.
Almost all games and demos released on Commodore 64 have their unique tunes. On top of that, a lot of artists embrace both features and constraints imposed by SID, and they create original music on their own.
Today we will learn how to play it in assembly.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.