We can create new waveforems not only by adding pure tones together. We can also start with complex sounds, like saw or a rectangle wave and subtract different frequencies from them.
This is the basic priciple behind filtering sounds.
And the best part?
It's a built-in feature of the SID chip!
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.