In this episode we continue stabilization of the raster.
All we need to do is solve two problems: * find out a way to detect if we are one cycle early and then * delay the execution by just one cycle only in this situation.
The former can be solved by comparing current rasterline register value at the right moment.Once we know that we need to just find an instruction that can take a variable amount of cycles.
But how to do it in practice?
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.