Aren't you tired of counting cycles in your routines by hand?
Looking up specifications of every single instruction gets old soon.
It's especially hard if your code contains branches and loops.
Not to mention page crossing.
Wouldn't it be great to have the cycle-count computed automatically?
In this tutorial, we are going to create a library.
You'll be able to include it in any project.
It will automatically compute how many cycles your routine takes.
We won't need to look up specifications of every single instruction.
We will also make sure the library works well by using Test Driven Development to create it.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.