One of the pretty common tasks we encounter while creating a game is printing the score.
It can also be surprisingly difficult. Especially if you need an efficient solution.
Today we will learn how an underestimated feature of the 6510 processor - the binary coded decimal mode, can be used to update and print the score efficiently.
What is this?
It's an episode of the 64 Bites - Video Tutorials for Programmers,
the series designed to teach you how to program Commodore 64 in small and easy steps.
- The Video - Short, Intense and Focused
- You can stream it on any device
- or download DRM-free
- Full Transcript so you can follow along.
- Source Code for everything you will see on the screen.
- Programming Exercises to do on your own.