Create the garden you dream of, with a little help from your friends at eGardenGo!
This planting plan will unlock the secret behind the pretty picture!
The interwebs (yes, our site too) are loaded with gorgeous photos of dreamy gardens. While inspiring and pretty to look at, ultimately they're not very helpful, are they? Well, no more—help is on the way!
Create this Low Maintenance, High-Impact, Front Yard Worthy Garden
These seven plants were carefully selected to work perfectly together by garden design guru, Darcy Daniels, creator of eGardenGo and designer with Bloomtown® Gardens.
This is a front-yard-worthy planting scheme is composed of sweeps and drifts of foliage-first, low-maintenance plants and it has a pleasing seasonal progression.
It's anchored by Acer griseum, a four-season tree with attractive bark all year and good fall color. The hellebore contributes apple-green blooms in late winter and handsome foliage year-round and the ever-evolving blooms of Quick Fire Hydrangea provide color from summer to fall, even remaining attractive when dried blooms remain on bare branch. In summer, a seasonal river of golden foliage lights up the ground plane while the rich green foliage of the evergreen plants provide a sturdy and handsome evergreen frame all year.
Download this file for a clear, easy-to-follow plan for installing this garden at home. You'll get a to-scale drawing with placement and quantities of plants clearly identified.
What you'll get:
- PDF file (letter-size pages)
- Plan-view schematic showing location and quantity of each plant
- Use the qualities listed on each plan as a shopping list
- (7) Unique Layouts are available: 30 x 10' rectangular bed viewed from all sides; 40 x 10 bed for viewing from all sides; rectangular bed 16 x 8 viewed from one side; (2) ell-shaped beds, one to be viewed from all side, the other from inside the curve; an island bed approximately 20' long and 12' deep; and finally a version that omits the tree in case you don't have room for it.
- 30 x 10' rectangular bed viewed from all sides
- 40 x 10 bed for viewing from all sides
- rectangular bed 16 x 8 viewed from one side
- (2) ell-shaped beds, one to be viewed from all side, the other from inside the curve
- an island bed approximately 20' long and 12' deep
- and finally a version that omits the tree in case you don't have room for it.
What next? Tips for Using This Plan
Print your file, then take it to your local nursery for assistance in selecting and purchasing the plants on the list.
If you're feeling a little less DIY-ey, you may want to partner with a garden pro from your area. This planting plan is conceptual—no garden is exactly like the drawing—if you choose to work with a pro, they'll be able to quickly and easily adapt this planting concept to your particular site and situation.