NEWS - Aug. 2020
Price dropped for limited time to promote the course. If you want to get into creating game environments with Blender & Unity this is the time to start.
In this course we will use the open source 3D creation tool Blender to model and animate a Sci-Fi Hallway game environment. Later on we will import our assets to Unity to build a game ready scene.
What you will learn
- hard surface modeling to create all parts of the hallway (walls, floor, ceiling, door, ventilation ducts, light panels, LED buttons)
- converting the high poly model into a game engine optimized low poly version
- creating a clean UV unwrap for texturing
- creating realistic metal materials using PBR textures
- creating emission shaders for the light panels and LED buttons
- texture baking from high poly to low poly (albedo, metallness, roughness, normal)
- rigging and animating the door mechanism
- exporting the hallway as .FBX file
- importing the .FBX file to Unity
- scene building in Unity
Merlin Peppler - Founder of CGI-Guy, Sci-Fi Nerd and 3D Artist @ CREATE 3D
Blender 2.81 or beyond
Unity 2019.2.19f1 or beyond
- navigating in 3D Viewport
- understanding of Verticies, Edges and Faces
- usage of Modifiers (Mirror)
- usage of Perspective and Orthographic Views
If you never used Blender before
Catch up all the basics for free by visiting my website: https://cgi-guy.com/
You will receive my original .blend file with the finished project.
Assets (Free Licence)
- Fonts: Bebas Neue by Ryoichi Tsunekawa (dafont), Star Jedi by Boba Fonts (dafont)
- Music: Cyberpunk Sci Fi Ambient Intro by TITAN SLAYER (audiojungle)
- Music: ES Rise Of The Velcro by Gabriel Lewis (Epidemic Sound)
Software (Open Source)
- Blender 2.81 by The Blender Foundation (3D Modeling)
- Unity 2019.2.19 by Unity Technologies (Game Engine)
- Open Broadcaster Software by Jim (Video Capturing)
- Vegas Pro 14 by MAGIX Software GmbH (Video Editing)
- ERA-D by Accusonus (Audio Editing)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.