Gene Turnbow is President and Founder of Krypton Radio, the world's only full time geek and pop culture radio station. You can learn more about the station at https://kryptonradio.com/
Krypton is a great station to approach if you are a writer interested in writing articles about science fiction based topics, an author of science fiction novels, a creator of science fiction audio books or audio dramas, a would-be radio host, or someone who would like to run their own radio station. For more information about the station and it's needs, listen to the interview.
Krypton Radio an internet-only radio station, heard by over 100,000 listeners a month, in 180 countries around the world, and features talk shows, radio dramas, and live geek DJ’s with music from genre movies, TV series, games, and even stuff the fans record themselves. You can hear it on iTunes, Radio Garden, TuneIn, Streamfinder, Tuner24, the free Krypton Radio player apps for Android and iOS, and dozens of other sources.
Gene is responsible for strategic, tactical, and technical management for the station, and handles all programming and staffing decisions, as well as ad sales and serving as editor in chief for the station’s news postings. He frequently consults with would-be station owners and radio show hosts to help them build their brands and release their media.
In this interview, Gene will address:
- The huge difference between radio stations and podcasts and why it matters a great deal.
- Why some people launch radio stations and others produce radio shows or podcasts
- How radio stations license and commission original content to play
- Ways radio stations and radio shows build audiences and make money
- Measuring audience size versus number of active listeners
- Technical issues and benchmark costs involved in launching a radio station, and how to avoid some of the expensive pitfalls
- Approaching station owners with offers to produce live or pre-recorded shows
- Making your projects more valuable to station owners and audiences
This is the perfect event to attend if you are looking for practical insight into the art and science of building a radio station or launching a radio show.
Immediately after you sign up for this workshop, you'll receive access to the following support resources designed to help you start creating media.
- Video Primer on Intellectual on Property on Right on Fundamentals (1-hr)
- Primer Intellectual Property Rights for Creative Pros
- Video How to Book Guests for Interviews, Podcasts, Live Events & Conference Calls (1-hr)
- Workbook How to Book Guests Interviews, Podcasts and Live Events
If you have questions about this workshop and support resources, reach out to email@example.com.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.