This issue focuses on handicrafts, nature study, play, imagination, and more. It's a compilation of Parents' Review articles, including several articles and excerpts not previously published in text format online. Inspiring quotes, gentle tips, thought-provoking articles, craft ideas- you're going to love it and find it a helpful resource in your own Charlotte Mason education.
Table of Contents (numbers are page #s)
1. Cover (even our cover has living ideas!
2. Each Helps All (the proper spirit for C.M. Educators, found in a previously unplublished L'Umile Pianta)
3. Lack of handcrafting experience hurting medical students
4. Our Children's Play- a PR article
7. Team Sports vs Free Play ~ Charlotte Mason
8. Raising Children with Grit, a PR article
12. Sample Cooking Lesson from a House of Education student
13. Imagination in Childhood, a newly republished PR article, available in easily readable format for the first time in a hundred years
17. Two Christmas Crafts, adaptable for a wide age range
18. Three Quick Takes: Sensory Play, 'Things of Education,' Character Training in Home Life
19. The Principles Behind Handiwork, excerpted from a PR article 20. A Philosophy of Handicrafts,
21. Craft: Candle Decorating, adaptable with wide age range, producing meaningful and lovely work, suitable for gifts or home use.
22. The Value of 'I Don't Know' in Nature Study, Comstock
23. Sloyd, Training for Life, from an 1890 Teacher's Guild Presentation
24. Benefits of Nature Study
25. Why Children Need Outside Play
27. Craft: Pre-basket weaving (make a frame)
28. Why We Draw, from a PR article by W. G. Collingwood
28. Fish & Flowers in a Homeschool Room, from a PR article
29. Rainy Afternoon Activities, PR article
30. In Conclusion (application of a fantastic passage from vol. 6
Helpful and inspiring quotes sprinkled on every page