To attend this free online meetup type $0 in the price box, then click I Want This, then enter your email address. Check your email for a link to the instructions on how to attend.
About This Event
As a relationship consultant, mediator, and speaker, Rhoberta Shaler, PhD (ForRelationshipHelp.com) helps the partners, employees, exes, and adult children of the relentlessly difficult people she calls "Hijackals®."
Her work has been featured on FoxNews, PsychCentral, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, The Good Men Project, eHarmony, Care2, Greatist, Pulse, and The Needs, among many others. She is the author of sixteen books, including Escaping the Hijackal Trap: The Definitive Guide to Dealing with Relentlessly Difficult People. Even the US Marines have enlisted her help.
You can learn more about Dr. Shaler’s work at ForRelationshipHelp.com and via her YouTube channel, ForRelationshipHelp. She is also host of two podcasts: Emotional Savvy: The Relationship Help Show and Save Your Sanity: Help for Handling Hijackals®!
In this event Dr. Shaler will be discussing:
- Why she uses the term Hijackals (R) to describe predatory and abusive people instead of more clinical terms like Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder, and Psychopath.
- Why some people seem to attract and be attracted to Hijackals and others never seem to encounter them at all.
- How and why Hijackals destroy careers, relationships, projects, and people and why those witnessing their behavior so frequently don’t step in to stop it.
- Why trying to help a Hijackal be a better person usually results in more damage rather than an end to the abuse.
- An initial understanding of how to work with, or live with, a Hijackal when walking away is too expensive.
- Why most people who have had to cope with Hijackals for prolonged periods of time need professional help to recover.
If you have questions about this free online event, please email email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.