The Body Knowledge program includes four movement lessons that are based upon a teaching process developed by Moshe Feldenkrais. A brilliant scientist turned educator, Moshe developed a method for improving and enriching life by improving the mind body connection.
The process uses gentle guided movement to deepen bodily and kinesthetic awareness. You will experience how movement done with awareness can lead to greater clarity of thought, ease of movement, and even an elevation in mood.
What You Will Get
- Flexors & Extensor Lesson (mp3 audio file: 30 min. 28 sec.) This is considered to be one of the classic lessons in the Feldenkrais canon. Most individuals notice immediate results. The most common feedback we get is that the lesson eases back pain and stiffness.
- Shoulder Spokes and Circles Lesson (mp3 audio file: 29 min. 09 sec.) This lesson will introduce you to a unique lesson strategy in which you will do everything to one side only. Most people question the value of this, until they experience the benefits. The lesson will integrate the movement of your shoulders and hips, and will heighten your sensory observation skills.
- Angel Arms Lesson (mp3 audio file: 28 min. 18 sec.) This lesson will explore the action of your arms and scapula, but it will also challenge you to understand the deeper benefit of this method. The Awareness Through Movement process is not meant to focus on one isolated body part; it is meant to help you become better integrated. At each stage in this lesson you will be asked to look for connections throughout your body.
- Chair Lesson (mp3 audio file: 10 min. 54 sec.) As the title suggest, this lesson is performed sitting in a chair. It explores integration of spinal rotation, but through indirect means. A good lesson for anyone who sits a lot during the day.
Running time is 1 hour 40 minutes. Includes three mat lessons and one chair lesson.
Purchasing is quick, easy, secure.
- Fill in your payment amount. You will need to enter at least the minimum recommended amount, but you have the option of including a tip if you are feeling generous.
- Click the blue button, complete the checkout process, and you will have immediate access to your files. You can stream, download, or open your program in the Gumroad App.
Produced by Kinesthetic Edge (www.KinEdge.com). Audio written and recorded by Andrea Higgins, M.A. GCFP. ©Andrea Higgins 2007. All rights reserved. Cover design by Elizabeth Merriman. Cover photo ©iStockphoto.com/Sashek. Feldenkrais Method® is a registered service mark and GCFP is the certification mark of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America.