Version 1.4 | Updated 2021-01-27This version works from Blender 2.9 - For Cycles renderer only
This update was created to ensure the compatibility for new Blender versions. All known features from version 1.3 are working with Blender from version 2.9 now.
For Eevee tests please try the 2.0 alpha version, that is included in this package. The alpha is working up to Blender version 2.83. An update for current Blender versions is in planning.
Version 1.3 is still included in this package to support 2.83 LTS versions.
Version 2.0 alpha1 | Updated 2019-05-15
This version works up to Blender version 2.83
CW Eye v2 is in progress. For everyone who can't await the upcoming update, I've prepared a special alpha version.
All customers gets free lifetime updates for my materials. So if you already own my material, then just log into your customer account and download the new alpha version for testing.
- What is new in v2 alpha 1 version?
- Works in Eevee and Cycles renderer
- Completely rebuild for faster feedback
- New: Cat eyes
- New: Glass FX
.. more features are in progress, so stay tuned!
Info: The .blend file of the preview version is saved in Blender 2.8. But you can append the material into version 2.79 if you like. The material works there too.
Version 1.3 | Updated 2018-05-23This version works up to Blender version 2.83 - For Cycles renderer only
CW Eye is a procedural material shader tree for the open source software Blender.
You can create countless eye variations just by changing some values in the shader. Starting at "simple" human eyes you can create eyes for aliens, zombies or whatever you imagine.
Five cool eye presets are included in this package. Feel free to use them as a starting point for your own variations!
Your results can be baked optionally into textures by using Blenders internal bake system.
Visit my YouTube channel for a detailed description video: http://bit.ly/2GgtiHU
Here is a link to a video tutorial how to use my material to bake the procedural informations into a regular texture: https://youtu.be/5BCizhNqiew
- No UV information needed to create eyes
- Customise iris size, colors and two adjustable pattern styles
- Add iris shadow, direction and smoothness
- Customise pupil size and color
- Customise sclera color and variation
- Customise veins color, influence and distribution
- Bumpmap support for veins and complete iris
- Addtional effects like iris splotches and iris border shadow
- Fresnel reflection effect and reflection intensity supported
- Output slots for baking Normalmaps (Tangent normalmap) and Bumpmaps (Greyscale image)
- The .blend file
- Multiple eye example presets. Included in the Blender scene.
- Renderings of the eye presets.
Please do not sell or transfer this shader without my permission. You are allowed to use the shader for your own projects, commercial and free.
By buing this product you support my work to create more cool stuff. :-)
CW Eye is a shader tree material. It is not an AddOn. To use the material in a fresh scene or in your own project just follow this instructions:
1. After the download of CW Eye, unzip the ZIP-file to your preferred folder.
2. In Blender go to the main menu and choose File->Append
3. In the upcoming file browser open your local CW Eye folder and choose the CW Eye .blend file.
4. The .blend file opens and show a scene tree. Click on the Material folder and choose one of the CW Eye presets. For example CW_Eye_Ocean.
5. The CW Eye material is now added into your project and you can assign it to any object via the material tab in the object properties.
If you still have problems to install CW Eye, watch the installation video on my YouTube channel or contact me please.
"How to install" video
I've prepared a short installation instructions video on my YouTube channel for you if you are not familiar with appending materials in Blender:
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.