Subscription automatically ends after 12 months.
Welcome. On this page you will find information about course benefits, approaches and content. Take your time, enjoy the material, read why this course is different from any other online course (see 4 reasons below) watch the videos - and if you have further questions, contact me below.
BENEFITS OF TAKING THIS COURSELearn to relax and embody tranquility - learn to improve your balance - your coordination - your posture - Learn deeper breathing - access higher energy levels and an increase in joint strength. Learn the Tai Chi Moves and Applications, the basic Qigong exercises, and, develop an understanding of Tai Chi History, Philosophy & Culture.
WHY LEARN ONLINE?
Learning online means you study at your own pace, in your own place and according to your own time-table. Classes can be streamed or downloaded at any time. This means you can go over and over one class, skip others and have the time to explore all the related issues that are so important, but rarely taught in a local class.
"I just loved this course! For me, Paul has touched the heart of Tai Chi, and inspired us to live it every day. Inspirational, definitely not stuffy, great videos and wonderful music!" J.C
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
If you are new to Tai Chi: you will find the explanations, exercises and documentary sections easy to understand, easy to follow and simple to do. From the first class you will be practising Tai Chi, studying Chinese philosophy and learning to apply the lessons to your everyday life.
If you have done some Tai Chi before: you will appreciate this back to basics approach with a broad 21st century practical perspective. Unlike local classes, this course delves into aspects that are rarely touched upon in weekly group sessions.
WHO IS THE TEACHER?
My name is Paul Read and I teach under the name of the teapotmonk. I've been teaching for over 30 years and have written a dozen books on the art. I've been obsessed about teaching in an entertaining and simple way, and like you, I want to stay healthy, fit and with as many as my faculties functioning for as long as possible. Once upon a time, I'd be practising tougher martial arts, hanging out at the gym or pounding the streets in my running shoes. These days, I walk a gentler path, that allows me to move in alignment with my breath and thoughts. What's special about my approach is that I teach with a sense of play and simplicity so that neither age, gender or physical health are a barrier to starting and progressing quickly.
HOW DO I ACCESS THE CLASSES?
Every week you will receive an email with links to the classes. Access the classes using your desktop/laptop or via the Gumroad app for mobile devices on both Android and IOS. You can choose to view, stream or download the content as you wish.
WHAT WILL I GET EACH MONTH?
There are 4 different sections to cover each month:
- Week 1: Movement and warm-up exercises linked to the posture of the month
- Week 2: Breathing exercises linked to the posture of the month
- Week 3: Tai Chi Form training and Tai Chi applications for that month's posture
- Week 4: Discussions/documentary-style videos, musical and artistic investigations into Taoist history and culture and a recap of what you have been learning.
- Bonus each month: 1 PDF workbook based on each month's theme and posture
At the end of 12 months Your payment subscription ends, but you continue to have access to all course materials.
WHAT TAI CHI FORM WILL I LEARN?
Over the year you will learn the basic dozen postures familiar in most styles. Each move will be taught by relating it to breathing and postural work, as well as applications and relevance for us in the 21st century. The dozen moves can be repeated on both sides, creating a Short Form of approximately 24 moves.
Take a look at this video. It will help give you an idea of how the Form on both sides is played out. Can you spot the transition movement when I change from one side to another?
1 Year course with option to pay monthly or for entire year (subscription ends automatically after 12 months).
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN PAYING MONTHLY OR FOR THE YEAR?
- A monthly subscription charge costs £15.95* a month.
- Or a one-off subscription charge of £150* (works out at £12.50 a month) This option is slightly cheaper and it enables you access to all workshops immediately (if you wish).
*Gumroad is legally obliged to add VAT to this price if purchasing within Europe
What if I am already studying Tai Chi?
You will find this approach a little different, but inspiring and still complimentary. You should find all the exercises, postural work, breathing and positions helpful irrespective of what style you have practised.
Give me 4 reasons why this course is different from other Tai Chi Courses on the Internet.
- THIS IS NOT AN OLD VIDEO UPLOADED: Other online courses are often either old DVD's, videos uploaded to the internet, or Zoom based classes that have been moved online to keep a local class alive. The Complete Tai Chi Course was designed from scratch for learning at home and learning online. Plus you get 12 manuals - 1 for each workshop explaining how you can apply these ideas to the problems we all face in the 21st century.
- THIS IS ALL ABOUT PLAY: I use an approach based on play rather than study. Playing means we experiment, we "have-a-go" and we laugh when we don't always get it right first time. This helps us feel more relaxed as we learn, we become less tense and less anxious. This is why you will find plenty of light-hearted references, easy to learn moves and lots of different approaches to Tai Chi.
- LEARN HOW YOU BEST LEARN: This course was created specifically for a 21st century home study audience. You'll find many ways to learn the same thing - some classes are written, some based on sound files, some are documentaries and some are even 360 degree posture videos.
- TAKE A STEP BACK AND LOOK AT THE WHOLE: You will learn by linking the breathing exercises to moves, that are related to warm-up exercises, that are in turn related to history and their applications today. Rather than seeing everything as separate, this course brings all the different aspects of Tai Chi together.
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Write to me at any time: email@example.com or find me on social media as teapotmonk and I'll try my best to answer any questions you have.
What happens when I sign up?
- You'll receive a receipt for your course subscription (monthly or annual)
- You'll get an immediate welcome email with links to view several videos and PDF. This is to set you up before the course begins.
- I'll reminded you of the need to work slowly, sup tea and take your time.
- Then the day after, I'll send you the first full workshop.
There has never been another Tai Chi course like it. I am certain you will love every step you will take with me, on this new Tai Chi Journey.
Paul Read (the teapotmonk)
"Paul Read has done it again. Stunning photography!... I never tire of the Teapot’s unique ability to open doors for me, to lead me to new insights, to reinforce many of my beliefs. Paul is, in the finest sense, a teacher’s teacher. Thank you, Paul, for continuing to gently move me along this lifelong journey called Tai Chi." B. Barnes.
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for joining the Complete Tai Chi Course
3 Important things:
1. Be sure to create a Gumroad account, if you haven’t already. Just visit https://gumroad.com/login and create your account.
Ignore all the suff about selling and click instead on “Library”.
You should see your course there. This is where each session will appear.
2. Add Gumroad to you address book. All notifications of updates, workshops and additional material, will be sent by email. These emails are from me, but come via Gumroad, so make sure you WHITE LIST the address (add Gumroad to your address book so they do not into spam). This way you won't miss an update.
3. In la very short time (Time for tea, slow movement and patience :) you will receive your first mail. This will walk your though what to expect and how the course is structured.
Thanks again, any questions, contact me on social media (teapotmonk) or by email directly: firstname.lastname@example.org . See you soon.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.