TV isn't dying and cord-cutting isn't happening. No matter how much certain tech writers want it to be so. 70% of the viewers leaving traditional MVPDs are signing up for virtual MVPDs instead, where they're paying a monthly fee to watch network television, often live network television. These "cord-shifters" have fueled the rapid growth of vMVPDs over the past year, with even more rapid growth to come. This panel will look at why these new systems are so popular, what the various business models are, how advertisers are taking advantage of them, and why they are the likely to beat out a system based on individual network apps. Panelists include:
- Jonathan Bohm, VP of Strategic Insights and Research, NBCUniversal
- Jon Cody, CEO, TV4 Entertainment
- Mike Keyserling, Head of Content Acquisition and Distribution Partnerships, Philo
- Jeff Shultz, Chief Business Officer, Pluto TV
- Brian Wallach, Chief Revenue Officer, Advanced TV, FreeWheel
- Alan Wolk, Co-Founder/Lead Analyst, TV[R]EV (Moderator)
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.