Cozy & Beautiful is THE How to Decorate Handbook for Non-Decorators.
Cozy & Beautiful is designed to take you step-by-step through the decorating process from start to finish so you can create the home you've always wanted. That means even if you've never decorated before (or if you have and you've messed it all up) Cozy & Beautiful is for YOU - no designer genes required!
Filled with 17 chapters, 16 worksheets and loads of bonus material,
Cozy and Beautiful is an all in one easy to print 109 page instantly downloadable PDF Handbook that will teach you how to decorate your whole home, one room at a time, so you can skip the learning curve and get straight to creating the home you love.
WHERE DO YOU START?
• If you’ve spent too much time on Pinterest, you’ll be tempted to pick a room. Bad news: that’s a surefire way to flush those decorating bucks down the pooper. Do this instead, and you’ll guarantee a happy ending.
• Don’t decide on your style before you take an “emotional temperature.” I’ll show you how to do it, what to consider, and how this will play out in your home. (Hint: this is WHY you can’t just choose someone else’s “after” photos!)
PART 1: FIND YOUR DECORATING STYLE
• Can you hear what your house is telling you? The secret reason you haven’t been successful yet...and the big picture guidelines that will frame every decorating decision you make.
• 8 types of houses have their own rulebook...which unfortunately no one hands you when you buy them. Break the rules on these homes and you’re sunk...but once you know the rules, you have a beautiful palette for creating your masterpiece.
• Trying to fit yourself into someone else’s boxes? Why those other ‘finding your style’ quizzes and guides will always leave you scratching your head…and DISCOVER the only 5 Steps that you will ever need to get you to your unique decorating style once and for all.
• Are you fighting World War 3 every time you try to decorate with your spouse? I’ll show you how to save your marriage and happily marry more than one decorating style in your home forever after.
PART 2: CREATE YOUR MASTER PLAN
• Tired of rooms that just don’t carry their own weight? The hidden reason your rooms don’t function like they should and exactly what to do about it before you start decorating.
• Do the rooms in your house resemble something that was put together by WANNA BE DESIGNERS on an HGTV reality show, rather than a cohesively decorated home? Learn these 4 methods of creating cohesive flow and you’ll never have that problem again.
• Can’t figure out why your color choices always seem to look off? I’ll show you why, how to correct it and a simple trick for getting it right every single time from now on.
• Are you terrified of choosing a paint color for fear it will look awful? Break this rule and it always will. But follow it and you will never again regret a paint choice! (Hint: It’s so good, you’ll smack your forehead for not doing it before.)
• Trying to decorate with little or no money? Think you can’t have the home you want on your budget? I’ll teach you 3 tricks for getting exactly what you want for free!
PART 3: DECORATE ONE ROOM AT A TIME
• Tempted to buy and arrange all the pretty little décor items first? Bad news: do that and you’re guaranteed to hate the after. Decorate in this order instead and you will fall in love with your home just like Andrew Paxton falls in love with Margaret Tate in The Proposal.
• Does the thought of mixing patterns give you hives? I’ll teach you 2 cheats for coming up with absolutely perfect pattern combinations for every room of your home. No anti-histamines needed.
• Do your shelves and table tops look like you’ve just plopped down your accessories randomly – or like you’ve arranged them like Joanna? Learn 2 designer styling secrets so your collections look more like Pottery Barn than the thrift store.
• Find yourself buying too. many. things? Ask yourself these 3 questions every time you’re shopping and you will banish buyer’s remorse – and keep your home free of décor clutter - forever!
Cozy & Beautiful is NOT for Everyone
Cozy & Beautiful is NOT for you if you're just looking for Inspiration. Or more decorating ideas. Or pretty pictures to drool over.
That's what our blog is for. Or Pinterest.
BUT if you're ready to step beyond inspiration to actually decorate your home...Cozy & Beautiful is for you.