This session will explore the future of social video, and of social-video creators, as the medium both evolves from its origins in user-generated content to play an increasingly important role in the distribution and monetization of professional-quality programming, and continues to be a massive market for advertising. Among other things, panelists will explore the ways in which YouTube and other social-video platforms are becoming venues for tentpole entertainment properties; the implications of social video's ongoing evolution--both positive and negative--for creators; the impact on creators of YouTube's new "advertiser-friendly content guidelines" and of the new eligibility requirements for its Partner Program that were unveiled earlier this year; emerging strategies that are available to social-video creators for distributing, promoting and monetizing their content in light of these new policies; and more. Panelists include:
- Mike Chen, Host, "Strictly Dumpling"
- Lloyd Dixon, Analyst, nScreenMedia (Moderator)
- Rob Gabel, CEO, Tubular Labs
- Glenn Ginsburg, SVP of Global Partnerships, The QYOU
- Peter Soldinger, Senior Director of Creative Strategy, Fullscreen