Endless runner games are gaining more and more popularity.
Now it's your time to learn how to create TWO professional looking and fully featured vertical endless runner games.
With the experience of more than 250 Phaser tutorials, I will take you by hand through the creation of TWO endless runner games using Phaser framework, not only showing you how to code any single feature of each game, but even adding room for improvement and customization covering, among other things:
* Setting up a Phaser project
* Creating Phaser states
* Preloading graphics and sounds
* Creating buttons
* Using tweens to quickly create animations
* Adding sprites and images to the game and applying tint filters to change their color on the fly
* Using ARCADE Physics engine - provided with Phaser - to manage movement and collision of sprites
* Playing background music and sounds
* Using particles to create smoke trails and explosions
* Handling and saving high scores
* Adapting the game to various resolutions
* Creating custom listeners and signals
* Handling player input with touch, click and keyboard
* Saving resources using object pooling
By the end of the book, you will know how to create cross-platform endless runner games building two professional looking games.
Each step of the book is provided with its source code example, for a total of 148 pages and 48 source code examples.