Welcome to part one of Visual Effects Core Skills
Nearly 6½ hours of material which covers the key essentials of 3D, compositing and visual effects.
This first of a two part series covers the key concepts and theories underlying Visual Effects that are often missed or misunderstood by both the new and experienced artist. These foundational concepts are common to whatever software you use. For these videos we’ve focused on using Maya, Mental Ray and Nuke to demonstrate these principles, however we touch on many other tools along the way.
During the 6½ hours of material you’ll cover :
- Working with 2D and 3D file formats, colour depths, layers and channels.
- Concatenation for transforms and colour
- Understanding filter algorithms
- Understanding and using pre-multiplied images
- Working with matrices
- Working with expressions
- Introduction to multipass rendering and compositing
- Object based multipass rendering and compositing
- Lighting based multipass rendering and compositing
- Shader based multipass rendering and compositing
- Nuke’s layers and channels system in-depth
- AOV (Arbitrary Output Variables) based multipass rendering and compositing
- Working with cropped sensor cameras (for Matchmoving, Projection, etc)
- Overscan Rendering (for Lens Distortion and 3D rendering workflows)
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase.