The purpose of this Demand Forecasting Guide is to help you manage the present and as well as prepare for the future by assessing the most possible future demand pattern. Because there are many facets of the supply chain especially the modern supply chain, it is important to have just the right amount of inventory stock at all times. However, it does not guarantee the future! Amit Trivedi“The only thing I cannot predict is the future”
This Demand Forecasting Guide comprised of 6,345 words, 40 pages, 14 pictures and few demonstrating tables!
This Demand Forecasting Guide will certainly help you kick start and/or improve the Demand Review of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process.
This Demand Forecasting Guide describes:
• The characteristics of demand and its relationship to forecast accuracy
• The value and limitations of demand forecasting
• The many kinds of demand forecasting techniques, approaches, and methodologies
• Understanding how data management and preparation facilitates the forecast process
• Evaluate, why, how, and at what levels to calculate forecast accuracy
• Understanding how the forecast accuracy measurement should be used in decision making.
Full Table of Content
Demand Forecasting enhances communication and integration among members of your planning team. In this dynamic business world, we have today, excellent forecasting is vital to gaining and sustaining the competitive advantage. It is vital to optimizing productivity through rapt responsiveness to consumers needs, improved delivery and decreased operational costs. Accurate forecasting can mean the difference between being ready for the dynamic changes in the market and being left behind. Overall, forecasting is vital to business growth and success.
You can read the Importance of Demand Forecasting in Supply Chain- 9 Authentic Reasons in this blog - http://www.scmdojo.com/importance-of-demand-forecasting-in-supply-chain/
Supplementary Inventory Management Policies & Procedure You Should have in your SCM Policy Book.
- Stocktaking: The Ultimate Guide (Stocktaking Procedure)
- Excess and Obsolete Inventory Policy Guide – Revised & Updated
- The Ultimate Guide to Inventory Planning Methods
- Cycle Counting Procedure Made Simple: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Materials Management Competencies Assessment
- Best Warehouse Audit Tool to Improve Performance
If you choose to download these materials, you'll be added to my mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time, but I hope you'll stick around.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.