This is a collection of 12 e-books explaining Software Development concepts.
Your journey towards becoming a software crafter begins right here.
Learn all of the software development concepts in no time. Get a crystal clear understanding of modern software development concepts, practices, and attention points.
- Learn about full-stack software development: appreciate the fundamental differences between back-end and front-end development
- Understand all the concepts (and buzzwords): back-end, front-end, API, layers, services, UI/UX/BFF/I18N/L10N/CORS/XSS/HSTS/K8S/SOLID/BDD/TLS, SAST, and many more
- Build truly solid software by learning everything about code design, code quality, and programming paradigms. Learn how to write simple, maintainable, and testable code
- Discover what software architecture is all about and why it matters. Learn about the most popular styles and their respective strengths/weaknesses
- See how applications fit in an enterprise context and understand what firewalls, load balancers, DNS, PKI, servers, proxies, Web servers, Containers/Docker/Kubernetes, SaaS, PaaS are all about
- Learn about tools of the trade: IDEs, build tools, code quality checkers, CI/CD, Web browsers, and the Web platform, ...
- Get at ease with IT security concepts and learn how to write secure code.
Software development is an ever-evolving field where many things change each year. Getting on board is harder and harder, and so is staying on top. But it doesn't have to feel bad, novelty is actually both challenging and fun!
This collection is composed of 12 volumes that will guide you on your way towards becoming a software crafter. It'll teach you everything you need to know to feel at ease with software development; from solution architecture concepts down to low-level code quality principles, as well as what IT security, IT infrastructure, and enterprise software (not the boring kind) truly mean.
Through concise explanations and illustrated examples, all of the concepts will become crystal clear to you, and you'll be able to quickly create a mental map of modern software development.
These books are for you if...
- You want to become a software crafter
- You're just getting started with your career in IT and want to get a solid understanding of the most important concepts to improve your skills and create a more complete mental map
- You're experienced but lack some understanding of certain concepts
- You're a back-end developer and want to get started with front-end development
- You're a front-end developer and want to get started with back-end development
- You're working in IT infrastructure and are curious about what inside the applications in your IT environment
- You want to get into a software architect position in the future and need a broader vision
- You want to learn more about IT security and need to understand the big picture and/or how to write secure coding
The estimated page count of the whole collection is ~1200.
What about updates?
You'll get all the future updates and corrections.
If you're not satisfied with the content, then contact me within 14 days and you'll get a full refund. The only thing I'll ask in exchange is to understand what did not meet your expectations.
I can't afford it
Contact me through Twitter or by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we'll figure something out.
I want to buy this for a group at work
No problem! You need to buy a group license. Contact me through Twitter or by mail (email@example.com) for more information.
About the author
Hey everyone! I'm Sébastien Dubois, the CEO of DeveloPassion. You can find me on Twitter and Medium. I've been working for 15 years in the IT industry and, since day one, I have always been passionate about IT and software development.
I want to share my passion and I'm convinced that through this project, I'll be able to reach and help many more people, maybe even you?
So go ahead, pre-order right now, and be amongst my first readers!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thanks a lot for your support, it means the world to me.
I sincerely hope that this content will help you share my passion for Software Development!
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.