This e-book explains everything you need to know about how to become a software crafter.
This is the first volume of the Dev Concepts collection.
Key features of this volume
- Learn about the software craft
- Understand what software development and software engineering are and what software developers do
- Dive into the most important skills for software crafters and get practical advice based on my 15 years of experience
- Discover software development career evolution paths
This is the first volume of the Dev Concepts collection. This e-book explains the different skills that you’ll need to acquire and improve over the course of your career to become a software crafter. It explains all of the areas that you'll need to dive into in order to get a broad view of the IT and software development landscape.
In addition, it also includes key tips and tricks that will help you become super productive.
Being a software crafter is much less about technology than about personality traits and psychology. Even if we all start with our own background, strengths, and weaknesses, there are things to know, tips, and tricks that will guide you on the path towards becoming a software crafter. This is why this e-book is not only for newcomers but also for seasoned developers.
This is for you if...
- You want to know what 15 years into the field have taught me about the mindset, the approach, professionalism and productivity
- You want to become a software crafter
- You're just getting started with your career in IT and want to get a solid understanding of the most important concepts to improve your skills and create a more complete mental map
- You're eager to know more about software craft
- What is software development
- What is software engineering
- What is a software developer/engineer/coder/programmer
- What is a software crafter
- Quality vs user satisfaction
- Important skills and practical advice *
The "Important skills and practical advice" section is the most important one. It covers:
- Enjoy solving problems
- Improve your analytical skills
- Be creative and open-minded
- Be organized
- Always Be Curious (ABC)
- Improve continuously
- Build habits
- Learn your craft
- Understand client needs
- Go above and beyond
- Learn to deal with hard problems
- Learn to deal with failure
- Focus on quality
- Focus on security
- Be reliable
- Be pragmatic
- Be super productive
- Work in a structured manner
- Have fun
- Be a good communicator
- Be a true team member
- Be an Innovator and Influence others
- Be a great decisionmaker
- Manage your career
- Preserve yourself
About the Dev Concepts collection
Dev Concepts is a big project that I'm currently working on, through which I want to share my passion, and intend to help as many people as possible to become software crafters.
Dev Concepts is a collection of 12 books that I'm working on, and that will cover every aspect of software development.
If you haven't heard about this project yet, then make sure to take a look at the home page over at https://dev-concepts.dev.
Do I need the other volumes?
Yes and no ;-)
Yes, because all the volumes in the collection are complementary and will help you see the bigger picture.
No, because each volume is dedicated to a specific theme.
What about updates?
You'll get all the future updates and corrections.
If you're not satisfied with the content, then contact me within 14 days and you'll get a full refund. The only thing I'll ask in exchange is to understand what did not meet your expectations.
I can't afford it
I want to buy this e-book for a group at work
No problem! You need to buy a group license. Contact me through Twitter or by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
I want to buy the other volumes
If you buy this volume of the series and later want to buy one of the other editions of Dev Concepts including it, then get in touch with me, and I'll give you a promotion code. No need to pay twice for the same content!
About the author
Hey everyone! I'm Sébastien Dubois, the CEO of DeveloPassion, a software development company located in Belgium. You can find me on Twitter, dSebastien.net, and Medium, where I regularly publish content.
I've been working for 15 years in the IT industry and, since day one, I have always been passionate about IT and software development.
I want to share my passion with anyone willing to learn/discover what IT and software development are all about. Sharing is caring.
I'm convinced that through this book, I'll be able to reach and help many more people, maybe even you?
So go ahead, grab your own copy of this volume, and be amongst my first readers! And make sure to subscribe to the newsletter to know about the next ones!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.