This e-book explains everything you need to know about how to understand what clients need, and how to approach software development projects.
This is the second volume of the Dev Concepts collection.
Key features of this volume
- Learn about requirements as well as techniques to discover and capture them, while avoiding major pitfalls
- Discover User-Centered Design, the Jobs-To-Be-Done (JTBD) theory, and how to build the right things
- Dive into User Experience Design and learn about user research, personas, usability, ergonomics, UX/UI design patterns, and more!
- Learn about Minimum Lovable Products, Design Sprints, and specifications
This is the second volume of the Dev Concepts collection. This e-book explains the essential concepts to know about in order to clearly understand your clients and uncover the essence of what they need. Why? Because it's the only way to be able to build the right thing.
This volume explores various related concepts: requirements, User-Centered Design, Design Thinking, User Experience Design, the Jobs-To-Be-Done theory, MVPs and many more ideas that will help you to better approach software development projects.
This is for you if...
- You want to know what 15 years into the field have taught me about understanding what clients need
- You want to build the right things for your clients and make them happy
- You want to deliver top-notch experiences and be proud of your creations
- You don't know the first thing about requirements, specifications, User-Centered Design, and User Experience Design, and would like to get a good understanding of what they're all about
- You want to explore a different area of IT, and understand what business and functional analysts do
- What do clients need?
- Functional requirements and jobs to be done
- Non-functional requirements
- Software Requirements Specification (SRS)
- Actors, use cases and user stories
- Business domain and Ubiquitous language
- Requirements discovery
- Requirements always change
- Event storming
- Discovery tools and techniques
- Clarify and refine gradually
- User-Centered Design (UCD)
- User Research
- Jobs to be done
- Design Thinking
- User Experience Design (UX)
- What UX designers focus on
- UX Concepts overview
- UX Workflow
- Design Sprints
- The Lean Startup and Minimum Lovable Products
You can find a more detailed version of the outline over here.
About the Dev Concepts collection
Dev Concepts is a big project that I'm currently working on, through which I want to share my passion, and intend to help as many people as possible to become software crafters.
Dev Concepts is a collection of 12 books that I'm working on, and that will cover every aspect of software development.
If you haven't heard about this project yet, then make sure to take a look at the home page over at https://dev-concepts.dev.
Do I need the other volumes?
Yes and no ;-)
Yes, because all the volumes in the collection are complementary and will help you see the bigger picture.
No, because each volume is dedicated to a specific theme.
What about updates?
You'll get all the future updates and corrections.
If you're not satisfied with the content, then contact me within 14 days and you'll get a full refund. The only thing I'll ask in exchange is to understand what did not meet your expectations.
I can't afford it
Contact me through Twitter or by mail (email@example.com), and we'll figure something out.
I want to buy this e-book for a group at work
No problem! You need to buy a group license. Contact me through Twitter or by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
I want to buy the other volumes
If you buy this volume of the series and later want to buy one of the other editions of Dev Concepts including it, then get in touch with me, and I'll give you a promotion code. No need to pay twice for the same content!
About the author
Hey everyone! I'm Sébastien Dubois, the CEO of DeveloPassion, a software development company located in Belgium. You can find me on Twitter, dSebastien.net, and Medium, where I regularly publish content.
I've been working for 15 years in the IT industry and, since day one, I have always been passionate about IT and software development.
I want to share my passion with anyone willing to learn/discover what IT and software development are all about. Sharing is caring.
I'm convinced that through this book, I'll be able to reach and help many more people, maybe even you?
So go ahead, grab your own copy of this volume, and be amongst my first readers!
Make sure to subscribe to the newsletter to know about the next ones!
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.