In EEVEE the bumpmaps show up pixelated and therefore we better use normal maps. Normal maps process faster as well. This packages provides 260 normal maps and 260 masks. The masks can be used to define anything from roughness to albedo. We can also mix normal maps with it.
There are 4 kind of shaders provided: Level 1, 2, 3 and Advanced and 40 example shaders. But you can use your own shaders, or use the addon BATS.
The shaders are designed in a Neutral Environment and calibration is done with False Color and a greycard. A scene with the neutral environment and the greycard is also provided.
So what is in the package:
- 260 Normal maps. (2K Jpg)
- 260 Masks (2K Jpg)
- 40 Shaders as example
- 4 shader types. (L1, L2, L3, Adv).
- Neutral Environment, a scene in EEVEE.
- Extra Blendfile to mix normal maps
- Extra Blendfile to bake normal maps from geometrie
- Thumbnails of the shaders.
- Pixaflux project files (some of the normal maps are designed with pixaflux).
Above is packed in a .zip file of 356Mb. Once Unzipped it will be 707Mb. Unzip it in a location you prefer but don't change the internal map structure because the blendfiles use relative path to the textures and masks.
- The normal maps and masks can also be used with BATS which is an excellent addon to make materials.
- Simple Asset Manager is useful to easily import materials into Blender 2.80
- There are several addons to bake materials. See for an extensive list of addons for Blender 2.80 this thread.
- With PixaFlux you can design Normal maps and masks yourself. There are some PixaFlux project files included. (For the noise patterns only).
That is the boring part. You cannot sell or distribute the original materials, original textures directly but you can bake them on the meshes you designed. Or you can remix or redesign the textures and shaders and sell them. You get the point I suppose. As long as I don't see these original files sold elsewhere. Contact me if you have questions.
How do I install the package?
Unzip the file EEVEE_Shaders.zip in a location you prefer. Don't change the internal folder structure. Open Blender 2.80 and navigate to the unzipped EEVEE-shaders folder. In the folders Shaders_L1, Shaders_L2, Shaders_L3 and ShadersAdv you will find the Blendfiles containing scene with the material in the neutral environment and albedo grey card. You can also append the materials in Blender if you only want to import the materials.
The blendfile NormalMakerBaker is to bake normal from the bottom plane to the top plane. Documentation will follow later.
With the blendfile NormalMixer you can blend or mix the normal textures if you need more normal maps.
More documentation on how to use the shaders themselves will follow later.
This package is also available on Blender Market.
- Bump Maps VS Normal Maps in Blender 2.80 EEVEE
- Designing materials in EEVEE - Biggest mistake demystified
- Saving memory by using more textures per material
- How to use the advanced shader (adv) of this package.
If need, you can contact me on:
Blender Artists: https://blenderartists.org/u/Peetie/
Update per 27 Februari: turned down the price from $14.00 to $12.50. Reason of the higher price before is the high commision rate on Blender Market. Still there is a high commision rate, but I wan't other users of the Blender Software to enjoy there shaders.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.