E-Cycles 2020 based on Bforartists 2 is up to 2.5x faster than Blender OptiX. It also offers viewport denoising for GTX 9xx, 1xxx and RTX cards. You can choose between the standard(CUDA) or standard + RTX(OptiX) version.
If you need a version of E-Cycles 2020 based on Blender, you can get it here: https://gumroad.com/l/e-cycles
E-Cycles is a very optimized version of Cycles for Windows, Mac and Linux using NVidia's GPUs. You can just hit render and benefit from all the advantages. Render your scenes up to 2.5x faster out of the box. The Bforartists builds are updated for each official Blender releases. The current one is Blender 2.82 = Bforartists 2.
E-Cycles helps you:
- save a lot of time by rendering faster. The mean speedup for the path tracing phase is around 3x out of the box (you can render about 3x more frames in the same time). It can be up to 20x faster using quality presets. You can also use the extra speed to render with higher quality in the same amount of time. Users say it best:
"E-Cycles lets me render & proof huge print ready assets locally on 3 gpus – no renderfarm rt required!" – Paul, CG Artist
- Render very clean preview images thanks to a new AI denoiser that gives great results on still images at 16 samples. Really helpful for quick feedback with your clients
- scene preparation is much faster thanks to optimized BVH building in final render
- save tweaking time by using auto tile size and quick quality presets
- keep your hardware on a budget
- spare a lot on your electricity bill thanks to shorter render times
- get more out of your current GPU
Users of E-Cycles:
Alleyne Studio, you can see several screen recording of him using E-Cycles on his channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUhZgvE_RqZm9ImzKQ0RjA
Flavio Della Tommasa "Obviously in terms of performance I believe the data speak for themselves. On 8 images, 2h each, I lost a day of calculation. With E-Cycles, in just over 2 hours I solved everything." https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/116
"Impressive speed-ups", "support is good, all issues (specific to E-Cycles build) I have found and reported were quickly fixed" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/79
"The Speedup is amazing" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/60
"91s to 45s with a RTX 2070" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/51
"3m:09s to 1m:42s, needless to say, I’m impressed!" https://blenderartists.org/t/e-cycles-faster-cuda-rendering/1139717/99
Known Limitations of the RTX version:
- The RTX version requires an Nvidia driver version 436+ and only works on Windows and Linux.
- Requires a GTX 9xx, 1xxx or RTX card.
- Some features are not supported. If you need those, please use regular E-Cycles:
- Branched Path Tracing
- Raytracing nodes (Bevel and AO)
- Dithered sobol and adaptive sampling
- first render takes more time due to kernel compilation.
- no CPU+GPU rendering
Support is only for the E-Cycles parts. Bugs found in buildbots are to be reported to the Blender Foundation on developer.blender.org
Scenes have to fit in the GPU memory for the speed-up to work properly. Since some months, Blender supports rendering scenes on GPU while using system memory to some extent. While E-Cycles allows this too, the speed of the system memory is too low and your GPU will just wait for datas to arrive. In most cases, scenes requiring more memory than available on the GPU should be rendered on CPU
Minimum system requirements:
- NVidia card supported by Blender CUDA
- 64bit Windows or Linux
- drivers v436 and up for the RTX version.