The rapid rig is a tool designed to bridge the gap between character modeling and character animation. Using the user interface, the script enables the user to set up a bi-pedal character skeleton and rig in minutes, a process which can take up to several days.
The advanced version of the rig comes with enhanced features including:
• FREE updates and support as quickly as I can
• customizable number of finger, toe, neck and spine joints
• stretchy and "toony" arms, legs, neck and spine
• elbow and knee locking and following in inverse kinematics
• arm and leg scale to compensate for IK pop when a limb completely straightens
• orientation control for hips, shoulders, head and eyes
• optional geometry created based on the user's rig set-up, as well as other animator-friendly controls
• "Rapid Anim" animation interface for speeding up animation pipeline, including IK/FK matching
My mission is to provide an easy-to-use, feature-rich rigging tool at a great value. I have a fantastic user-base so far, and this community has helped me to add several great features and improve the quality of the script through bug fixes, feature requests, and other feedback.
For the animator out there, you might be interested in my latest script, "Rapid Poser". A companion to "Rapid Rig: Advanced" that is intuitive and will enhance animation workflow.
*NOTE: Rapid Rig: Advanced is not compatible with Maya LT.
Installing and Loading the Script: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bOdeHSUdL7c
Creating and Adjusting the Proxy Rig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RES09_0E27o
Generate Rig and Skinning your Character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KPkFx_2JIio
Character Controls and Functionality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MlAR6iP_Vss
Animation User Interface: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w1rjlleYo34
Exporting to a Game Engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3XM2jZ4yTMc
*WARNING: If using Maya 2009 or earlier, Maya Unlimited is required. Script has been tested in Maya 2008 through 2013
*Installation Instructions are inside the file
*I would love to showcase some great animation done with my rigs. If you have posted animation you have created using my rigs, send me the link!*