Greenhouse & Warehouse Aquaponics GOLD by Colle and Phyllis Davis
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: An Overview of Greenhouses and Greenhouse Growing
- Chapter 2: Backyard Greenhouses
- Chapter 3: Indoor Growing
- Chapter 4: Converting Existing Commercial Size Greenhouses to Aquaponics
- Chapter 5: Warehouse Aquaponics
- Chapter 6: Building a Commercial Aquaponics Installations
This ebook discloses the facts, figures and formulas necessary for successful greenhouse and warehouse aquaponics growing.
Growing food year round in any climate anywhere in the world IS the future of food production. Aquaponics in greenhouses is part of the growing trend for using controlled environments for the growing of food. They allow for the raising of food nearer to the consumer and consistently delivering a much higher quality product. They also require less water and energy than conventional farming or even regular greenhouse growing.
Aquaponics greenhouses do need some of the same heating and cooling systems that regular greenhouse are equipped with, but because there is so much thermal mass with the water and grow medium (often gravel) contained inside, it is much easier to heat and cool than ground-grown systems. This use of thermal mass and the careful timing of the heating and cooling requirements are the hallmarks of a climatically adapted greenhouse tuned to maximize the production using very little outside energy.
- Controls pests, diseases and predators (birds, small animals, etc.) from the natural surrounding environments
- Protects plants and fish from extreme weather conditions (except for tornado, hurricane or major flooding)
- Enables ability to provide shade cloth to protect from too much sun for maximum production
- Extends growing season
- Provides pleasant, comfortable, quiet work environment for workers
- Offers ideal conditions for growing plants and fish
- Creates a space for the option of installing Grow Lights above grow trays for year-round maximum growing conditions.
- The physical building needs to enclose as much air space as possible to help regulate the temperature. Buildings with taller roofs are much easier to keep cool and interestingly, they are actually easier to keep warm when using the PFAS Technology.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share