*** price listed is excluding VAT or other sales tax that may apply in your jurisdiction ***
The Enriched MDR and IVDR eBook is an eBook in ePub format containing an enriched version of the legal texts of the EU medical devices and IVD regulations:
- Medical Devices Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2017/745 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 April 2017 on medical devices, amending Directive 2001/83/EC, Regulation (EC) No 178/2002 and Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 and repealing Council Directives 90/385/EEC and 93/42/EEC) (the “MDR”); and the
- IVD Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2017/746 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 April 2017 on in vitro diagnostic medical devices and repealing Directive 98/79/EC and Commission Decision 2010/227/EU (the “IVDR”)).
Enriched means that the legal texts of the regulation have been commented on and clarified on a recital by recital and clause by clause basis, including the annexes to both regulations. Where possible I have referred to external third party sources such as MDCG guidance, competent authority guidance, notified body guidance and guidance documents from industry associations MedTech Europe, COCIR and EFPIA. In addition the eBook contains flowcharts for the application of certain specific clauses.
Not all clauses have yet been commented on yet. More clauses will be commented on and more flowcharts will be included in subsequent editions as more guidance and policy about the two regulations becomes available. Early adopters that purchase this first edition before 26 July 2021 will receive a 20% off coupon three months after their purchase that may be applied to the second edition.
The eBook has 1156 pages (including the MDR and IVDR legal texts) and consists of five parts:
Part 1: an introductory chapter providing a high level introduction and description of both regulations and their political background;
Part 2: the enriched version of the MDR (i.e. legal texts plus commentary);
Part 3: the enriched version of the IVDR (i.e. legal texts plus commentary);
Part 4: references to various sources of publication of EU medical devices law and guidance; and
Part 5: comparison tables between various regulations: an overlap table between the MDR and IVDR, an overlap table between the Annexes of the MDR and IVDR, an overlap table between the clinical investigation provisions in the MDR and the Clinical Trials Regulation.
The legal texts and comments are accurate as per 31 March 2021, the date on which the manuscript text was closed.
First praise for this book:
- "your book is AMAZING!!!" - specialized EU medical devices lawyer
- "Great resource for any RA specialist!" - medical devices RA specialist
- "This book is an important ‘missing link’ between all the medical device and IVD relevant EU regulatory documents." - medical devices and IVDs RA specialist
The book is delivered to you as a PDF document stamped with your personal details that you can use with any PDF document viewer.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Many thanks for your purchase! I hope the book is useful and that you'll enjoy using it.
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.