What is this for
"M-Cleaner" is the Blender add-on for automatically finding and removing duplicates of materials from the scene.
When you add objects from previously saved blend-files, external libraries, various asset- and kitbash- sets to the scene, your scene filled with a large number of identical materials. With dozens of them in complex scenes. "M-Cleaner" finds the equal materials in the scene and removes duplicates, reassigning the single unique material to the objects.
- Just press the "Clear materials" button (non-destructive)
- M-Cleaner will automatically clear your scene of duplicates
- "Merge by name" joins materials by name (destructive) - joins materials with .001, .002, etc.
- If the "Remove unused" checkbox is on, duplicates will be removed from the scene immediately. If this checkbox is off, duplicates will remain in the scene with 0 users and will be deleted using regular Blender tools during the scene saving.
Add-on web page
For more information please visit https://b3d.interplanety.org/en/blender-add-on-m-cleaner
I would love to hear your feedback and issues to make the add-on better.
- Download *.zip archive with the add-on distributive
- In Blender: The "Preferences" window — Add-ons — Install... — specify downloaded archive
"3D Viewport" window - N-panel - the "M-Cleaner" tab