Futility v3 is a MaxForLive device that gives you very handy shortcuts that aren't natively implemented into Live.
It works on the selected track:
- un/mute the selected track
- un/solo the selected track
- un/arm the selected track
- unmute, unsolo, unarm every tracks
- show/hide the envelope/modulation tab in the detail clip view
- un/fold the selected track
- un/zoom the selected track vertically and horizontally in Arrangement
- toggle play/stop the selected clip (in Session)
- automatic track arming option
- focus to the browser/arrangement/device view (useful for navigating with your keyboard's arrow keys).
- Save your Live set from your midi controller / midi map.
Load the device (preferably) on your Master track (it works on any track, but it's just more handy to have it on your Master); map the buttons to your keyboard and/or midi controller; save as new template in Live's preferences and you're good to go!
As always, simply hover over any button/text to know what they do.
Be aware that this device is not meant to record e.g mute/solo/arm automations.
Make sure to not trigger any actions from the device when you're recording something in Live if you have the global automation active otherwise the automation would be recorded for Futility and not for the track itself resulting in weird actions or conflict (Live's "back to automation" triggered/automations disabled).
Live 8 + MaxForLive needed.
Free updates, for ever ;-)
v3.3 (july, 2020):
momentarily removed due to an annoying issue!!! sorry for the hassle, I'll get back soon.
- fixed Live's undo history being "blocked" after using the Mute button.
- added a midi mappable cmd(ctrl)-S to save your project from any midi controller.
- patch clean up
v2 is free but won't be supported anymore. v3 is 3€ (or more if you want) with free update/upgrade.
Gumroad emails could be considered as spam, so please make sure to authorise it in your email settings if you want to be sure to automatically receive future updates.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.