Registration Is Now Closed - New Term To Be Announced
Upcoming Term: To Be Announced
Mastering Appeal is a 7 week long course that will provide you with the strong foundation necessary to translate an appealing 2D character design into 3D. Not only will these fundamentals help you recognize appealing form, but it will give you the tools to create them from your imagination.
You will improve your ability to sculpt appealing characters with weekly lectures, improvement focused assignments, personalized critiques and live sessions. Starting from absolutely nothing to finalizing your character's details, this course will take you through the entire process of character creation in ZBrush.
What You Get:
- Build a strong foundation of character design principals so that you can find and improve appeal in your work.
- Master the art of efficiently blocking out characters and refining forms.
- Learn how to sculpt an appealing face, create clothing, and pose your characters in ZBrush.
- 7 Weeks of lectures taking you through creating an entire character of your choice.
- Receive personal feedback on your progress every single week.
- Live sessions in an open format for questions and conversation.
- All videos are recorded for you to watch later at your convenience.
- Improvement focused assignments that will result in a finished 3D character.
- Lifetime access to lectures once class is complete.
- Lifetime access to the class Discord group where you can network and learn with your peers.
Do I need to know ZBrush for this class?
Yes, we will be covering tools and workflows throughout the term, but the focus of this class will be on learning design fundamentals to sculpt and improve appeal. You should have previous ZBrush experience and knowledge, as the course will assume that you have a firm grasp on the software from a technical standpoint.
Is this a design class?
No, you will not be designing characters of your own. Instead, you will be learning design fundamentals that you will use to translate a character of your choice to 3D.
Will this course focus on making a 3D character ready for a real time engine?
No, the focus of this class will be on learning design fundamentals to sculpt and improve appeal.
What if I miss a live session?
No worries. Everything is recorded and uploaded for you to watch at your convenience.
What all will I need for the class?
ZBrush and a Microphone (if you would like to ask questions during live sessions).
Ben De Angelis "Follygon" has a background in sculpting appealing characters for toys and life size figures for production in a variety of styles. Ben has worked on such IP as Pokemon, Barbie, Ghostbusters, Shrek, Hotel Transylvania, Madagascar, Flintstones, and many more. He's done heavily stylized characters such as the Looney Tunes, and as realistic as life-like pilots for the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
Now Ben works as a freelancer and enjoys spending his free time creating content for others that enjoy digital sculpting.
Note that this course is of an intermediate - advanced level and you should have a firm grasp on the ZBrush software from a technical standpoint. We will be covering tools and workflows, but the focus of this class will be on learning design fundamentals to sculpt and improve appeal.