Why custom audits?
About a year ago I was working into the night when someone had reached out about a website. They told me a horror story which stuck with me to this day...
The conversation was going fine until I asked: "what made you reach out to me today, why me and why now?"
I ask this question all the time, but I was not prepared for what I heard next:
"We redesigned our website and lost most of our organic traffic. Our business it TANKING. We need you to design a new website and fix this for us, FAST".
You see... I've read about these kinds of horrors all the time. The story is not unusual.
But, until that moment, I've never heard it personally.
Here it was. A company that took a the plunge into the deep end only to come out in shambles.
The person told me about the nightmare of an ordeal they had to go through with an outsourced firm who did not understand their business nor took ANY TIME to understand the customers.
To this day, my first question to everyone I talk to is "why me, why now?".
Don't make the same mistake...
Today, when people reach out to me to make them new websites, I question the actual reason they reach out.
Most of the time the actual motivation is to increase sales or conversions.
To that I say - "you need an audit".
Instead of complete demolition, perform an inspection.
Audits are a great way to find opportunities and fix broken funnels.
They don't leave your business in shambles. You get at least 10 actionable recommendations for an A/B test based on thought-out hypotheses.
Audits save money, generate bigger returns and take less time to perform and act on.
Here is some simple napkin math:
Audits vs. New Websites:
- 1-2 weeks discovery and wireframing
- 1-2 weeks design
- 2-4 weeks development (if you are lucky to find a competent developer who does it right the first time)
- 1-2 weeks quality assurance testing
- An average website redesign will set you back $7.5k-15k (for design part) and the same or more for development (let's say 15k). You're looking at a total investment of 5-10 weeks and $30,000+ to get the new thing going WITHOUT any assurance of outperforming your old website. And this is a conservative estimate.
- Not to mention... after this disaster is over and you realize the website is not doing any better, you have to start over from step 1. More searching, more vetting, more interviews, more planning, hand-offs, weeks and weeks of wasted time and $$$$. What kind of stress does that put on your body?
Audit (a more sane approach):
- 2-3 days discovery
- 2-3 days analysis and hypothesis formulation
- At least 10 solid, hypothesis-driven test recommendations
- The same or better impact on revenue
- No organic ranking losses
- An average audit only takes 4-6 days (typically 5 days for me) and carries a price tag of only $2400. (I'm giving everyone who gets Swipe 50% OFF so your total investment is only $1200 (AND... you get FULL LIFETIME ACCESS to Swipe)
- GUARANTEED to outperform the old website. With at least 10 test ideas, there is practically NO WAY you cannot beat the baseline.
If I were a more sinister man, I'd take the 15k design project every time.
But I am not that person.
I'd rather see you succeed and enjoy knowing that you are not losing MONTHS of invested time and TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars.
I'd rather see you better off NEXT WEEK instead of being on the other end of that dreadful phone call.
So grab this deal while it lasts. I have no idea when I'll gain my wits back and cut off the discount. It could be in a few weeks, it could be tomorrow.
Let's get you some wins under your belt and grow your revenue within days.
- The final report is delivered in the Google Doc format.
- The typical turnaround time is 7 business days.
Bonus #1: Lifetime Access to Swipe Conversions + All Future Swipes
- Swipe Conversions contains 200+ actionable insights to help you increase conversions throughout your entire funnel. It's updated regularly with new takeaways. This is an $87 value, yours FREE.
- You'll also have LIFETIME access to ALL future Swipes, including Growth Swipe, Ad Swipe (show you which ads do really well), Marketing Swipe (see which marketing strategies are working right now).
Bonus #2: Lifetime Access to Growth Insider PRO
Growth Insider PRO gives you access to the latest growth insights, takeaways and tools to help your company grow like weeds. This is a $170 annual membership yours FREE.
P.S. You can buy multiple copies of the audit to gift to a fellow founder in need. If you get more than 1, please forward a copy of the onboarding form to this person and I will deal with them directly.
- 2X conversion rates on a B2B landing page, resulting in tens of millions in additional revenue.
- 2X conversion rates on a law firm landing page. Doubled the leads for 100M+ in recovered compensation for their clients.
- 8 figures investment round by a startup thanks in part to my product design.
- 8 figures new revenue for a B2C ecommerce store as a result of my hypothesis formulation and A/B Testing
- 130% of crowdfunding goal met for a startup thanks in part to my calculated design.
Cool people I've partnered wth:
YouCaring (acquired by GoFundMe), Longtail UX, Kettle & Fire, Four Sigmatic, Swimsuits for All, Monner, Amerisleep, NoFence, hijob.me, Sonans Utdanning, When I Work, LifeDNA, Grow & Convert, Cheap Biz Class, Languex, Public Market, Tangent, Homer App, Capital Junk, Appeal Studios, FlightGo, Flexbooker, Laserax, InstyMeds and many others.
Testimonials"Gene is an amazing designer. We’ve been working with him for years now (we’re a conversion optimization agency) and he’s helped us design many variations to client’s sites that have increased conversion rates significantly. Unlike many other web designers, he gets how to design for reduced UI friction and increased conversion rate."
- Devesh Khanal, Founder, GrowthRock"Gene helped us to completely re-shape our product with a clear focus on conversion. He works absolutely data-driven, fast and reliable. I can recommend anyone who thinks about optimizing the user experience or increasing the conversion rate to speak and work with Gene."
- Daniel Schaffeld, hijob.me
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.