Northern Boarders is a plugin instrument featuring organic, electro-acoustic and genuine analog synthesizer sounds. Each sound has been multi-sampled for maximum playability over a wide range of notes. Particular attention has been paid to higher-pitched sounds: glockenspiel alike tones, electric pianos, and analog synthesizer pads all have pleasing higher tones.
Many of the sounds are inspired by Boards of Canada. For instance, the Roygbiv bass sound has been programmed in different analog synthesizers, sampled and is included in Northern Boarders.
Additional sound layers can be added to enhanced your main sound, most of them recorded from analog modular synthesizers, old radios, vintage tape decks, and obsolete video equipment.
Northern Boards is a vintage sound machine sure to please fans of early Warp releases, BOC and AFX.
- 42 multi-sampled sounds of analog synthesizers and electro-acoustic sounds
- Multi-layers engines: field recordings, vintage medias surface noises, analog synthesizers noise colors and waveforms.
- Highpass/lowpass filter
- Transients from vinyl and audio cassette
- Artifacts from old media (vinyl and VHS)
- Available as a VST/AU plugin instrument for macOS and Windows 7 and up
- macOS High Sierra and up required for Mac version of the plugin
- Windows 7 and up for Windows version of the plugin
- 8 GB of RAM minimum
- At least 2.3 GB of free hard drive space
- Each sound consist of 5 to 25 samples
- Compatible with the most popular DAWs on the market: Ableton Live, Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase, FL Studio, Traktion/Waveform, Mixcraft, Sony Acid, Presonus Studio One, Cakewalk Sonar, and Apple's Logic Pro.