Extremely detailed Mexican Spanish gluten free card, written by a celiac and translated by a native speaker who is also celiac and living in Mexico.
YOUR GLUTEN FREE CARD PURCHASE INCLUDES:
• A immediate digital download sent via email, specifically sized for your smartphone. Upon purchase, you will receive a confirmation email with a green 'download' button. This is how you obtain your card - easy! And this way, your card can be shown via your phone wherever you travel;
• A basic explanation of the disease and what to avoid;
• Ingredients like salsa ingles, pan de yema, or thickeners like bread that are used in cooking and mole sauces, to best communicate what you need to be wary of;
• Cross-contamination concerns, and requirements for uncontaminated oil;
• A list of what can be used to substitute and cook with, such as rice, corn flour/masa, or potatoes; and
• An apology for the inconvenience to the chef and staff of the restaurant or stall.
NOTE: If you have any questions about this card, or are having trouble purchasing it via Gumroad, please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
II have celiac disease, which means that I cannot eat gluten, or I will get very sick. Gluten is found in wheat, bread, barley, rye, as well as soy sauce and some seasonings like "Salsa Ingles", Knorr or Maggi seasoning.
I will become very ill if I eat food containing those ingredients. This disease also affects me if I eat food that is fried in the same oil that was used fry foods with breadcrumbs or flour, because of cross-contamination. Even a sprinkle of flour on the grill, pan or in the sauce or soup will make me ill, which includes days of joint pain and stomach problems. I cannot eat soup or mole sauces that have flour or bread in it, or meat/sausages with bread as an ingredient (such as meatballs or some sausages).
Can you please tell me what can I eat safely that does not contain wheat flour, soy sauce, rye, oats or barley?
Things I can eat -- I can eat food containing corn, rice, chickpeas, tapioca, cassava, potatoes, pork lard, vegetables, fresh fruit, cheese, eggs, beef, pork, chicken, or fish – so long as they are not cooked with the ingredients in the first paragraph.
Thank you for your assistance in helping me avoid getting sick. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you but I have to be very careful when I eat. This is not a choice, but a disease, and as a result, I cannot be casual with my diet.
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for your purchase! Please click on the green "DOWNLOAD" button below to receive your card.
For English translation of the card you bought, please return to the purchase page and scroll down!
Wishing you safe eating and many delicious meals.