This is a great workshop to attend if you are looking for a solid primer on the mechanics and quick introduction to the very significant cost savings involved in virtual production.
Disney's Mandalorian and hundreds of other TV projects and films are being shot with the 21st century version of green screen which is called Virtual Production. In this workshop you learn what virtual production is, the equipment involved in creating it, and why it's being adopted by independent producers as well as big studios worldwide.
For some insight into virtual production's accelerating adoption check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUnxzVOs3rk and https://www.vfxvoice.com/virtual-production-takes-a-big-step-forward/.
IMPORTANT: If you are a VIP/PRO member, you are automatically going to receive an invitation to this event and access to all resources, in addition to the 200+ recorded workshops and workbooks you already have access to. If you are not a VIP/PRO member, you can become one for $87/year or $20/month at https://gumroad.com/l/dUzqTK/VID0nly
Topics addressed in this workshop will cover:
- How Virtual Production reduces the costs involved in producing film and television while simultaneously significantly increasing the number of locations and effects producers can put into their films.
- How Virtual Production reduces the time required to produce projects, and increases the value of those projects significantly
- How Virtual Production makes ambitious screenplays much more affordable to produce.
- An overview of cameras, computers, software, and other elements involved in Virtual Production.
- A short discussion of LED screens and why they are not required for Virtual Production
- A quick overview of how Virtual Production impacts your shooting schedules and production budgets.
- Where to find pre-existing environments to use in your Virtual Productions.
- Resources you can use to learn more about Virtual Production and experiment with its technologies.
- Examples of Virtual Production to review and what you can learn from them.
- Getting Training in Virtual Production
- Hiring Virtual Production Teams to Work For You
Virtual production is being widely adopted by production companies because it allows producers to shoot projects on green screen stages which are easier to keep safe than real world locations. They allow producers to shoot with smaller crews, and to shoot more pages every day.
If you are a producer, screenwriter, or cast/crew working in film or television, this workshop covers information you need to know because the shift toward virtual production will have as big an impact on the entertainment industry as the shift from film to tape, or the shift from DVD to internet distribution of content.
Immediately after you sign up for this workshop, you will get access to:
- Shooting on Green Screen Made Easy (Video and Workbook)
- Virtual Production Fundamentals (Workbook)
- Creating Budgets and Shooting Schedules (Video and Workbook)
If you have any questions about this workshop, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Instructor: Nancy Fulton is a writer/producer who has been profitably producing media that sells since 1991. She has taught courses in computer aided animation and computer aided design for UCLA, the Art Institute, a leading School for Creative Startups, and created curricula for Autodesk in CAA, CAD, and CAE. Her work can be found on Amazon, iBook, Nook and many other platforms. She has been running events supporting entertainment industry pros since 2015 and now supports more than 50,000 creatives here in Los Angeles. Her fact-filled workshops are designed to ensure those she supports can master exactly the skills they need when they need them. You can find dozens of 5-star reviews for her work on Alignable, and hundreds of 5-star reviews of her events on Meetup.com. Full Disclosure: Nancy serves on the Advisory Board for On Set Facilities, a virtual production original equipment manufacturer.
If you have questions about this workshop, please email email@example.com.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.