Garment Tool is Blender addon designed to simplify process of making simulation ready cloth meshes inside Blender. Clot meshes are generated from 2d Bezier curves, sewed together and then triangulated into mesh object.
- ability to define sewings between sewing patterns (2d Bezier curves), directly in 3d viewport,
- ability to generate evenly triangulated mesh with adjustable resolution
- tools for automatic generation vertex groups and modifiers that will speed up you workflow
- helper tools for symmetrize, splitting, duplicating, flipping 2d curve sewing patterns.
- Pin tool for generating custom stitches (useful for buttons)
- Pocket tool for generating sewings from source patterns to target pattern
- Bind Tool -> easy way of projecting 3d mesh, on surface of simulated cloth (useful for making attachments, bags, pockets, etc.)
- saving baked simulation into shape-key
- No interaction with simulated cloth in Blender
- Rarely but it happens that triangulation fails to find solution for given sewing pattern. Usually increasing triangulation resolution parameters fixes that.
- There is now way to cut holes or add sewing cuts inside pattern.
What you get:
- Garment Tool addon for (blender 2.8 only)
- example blend files, with clothes from the banner, for you to learn from
Update 1.0.1 (4.03.2019):
- blender daily build fix, triangulation fix
Update 1.0.2 (8.03.2019):
- Fix low max_segment value - would not let user define segments above 13. Affected duplicate sewed, and other tools)
- Improved triangulation results on complex patterns
- Duplicate sewed - add option instance vs copy.
- Warning icon added next to garment resolution slider - if output garment poly-count may be high, generating mesh may be slow.
Update 1.0.3 (23.03.2019):
- Just some daily blender build compatibility fixes
Update 1.0.4 (27.03.2019):
- daily blender build compatibility fixes
added auto-update feature, in addon preferences. When new release is out, you can use auto-update to automatically download and install new version.