Garment Tool is Blender addon designed to simplify process of making simulation ready cloth meshes inside Blender. Clot meshes are generated from 2d Bezier curves, sewed together and then triangulated into mesh object.
- ability to define sewings between sewing patterns (2d Bezier curves), directly in 3d viewport,
- ability to generate evenly triangulated mesh with adjustable resolution with generated vertex groups and modifiers
- Garments Library - save/load your sewing patterns from library. Few samples are included in GarmentsExampleLibrary.zip file.
- helper tools for symmetrize, splitting, duplicating, flipping 2d curve sewing patterns.
- Pin tool for generating custom stitches (useful for buttons)
- Pocket tool for generating sewings from source patterns to target pattern
- Bind Tool -> easy way of projecting 3d mesh, on surface of simulated cloth (useful for making attachments, bags, pockets, etc.)
- saving baked simulation into shape-key
- No interaction with simulated cloth in Blender
- Rarely but it happens that triangulation fails to find solution for given sewing pattern. Usually increasing triangulation resolution parameters fixes that.
- There is now way to cut holes or add sewing cuts inside pattern.
What you get:
- Garment Tool addon for (blender 2.8 only)
- example blend files, with clothes from the banner, for you to learn from DemoClothPatterns.zip
- example garments library in GarmentsExampleLibrary.zip
Update 1.0.2 (8.03.2019):
- Fix low max_segment value - would not let user define segments above 13. Affected duplicate sewed, and other tools)
- Improved triangulation results on complex patterns
- Duplicate sewed - add option instance vs copy.
- Warning icon added next to garment resolution slider - if output garment poly-count may be high, generating mesh may be slow.
Update 1.0.4 (27.03.2019):
added auto-update feature, in addon preferences. When new release is out, you can use auto-update to automatically download and install new version.
Update 1.0.5 (30.04.2019):
- Added Garment Library - gives you ability to save/load cloth sewing patterns (I uploaded sample presets to GarmentsExampleLibrary.zip file on gumroad)
- Option in preferences do display segment lengths in cm
- Fixes to auto-update
- Fixed symmetrize
Update 1.0.6 (23.05.2019):
- Compatibility with latest blender builds (only use with blender builds after 22 may!)
- This is big update (still WIP) with added support for cutting holes is sewing patterns
Update 1.0.7 (29.05.2019):
- Version with support for cutting holes in sewing patterns added
Update 1.0.9 (30.06.2019):
- fixed pins and pockets (were broken after added holes support),
- added outline type of sewing pattern support (curves that wont be filled with mesh)
- auto generate uv when creating cloth
- new ability to disable sewing patterns
- improved symmetrize and cut in half
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share