Addon for Blender 2.8
GroupPro was created to make working with collections instances user friendly. With GroupPro I managed to get rid of all annoying features of group/collection instances:
- you can edit any instances on scene, not just the 'source' one
- you can work in recursive way - group instances, can be made of other subgroups, which can be made of subgroups etc. At any stage subgroup can be edited and saved, with all instances updated in real-time
- easy mirroring of selected groups (fixes group instance mirror bug in blender)
- adjusting origin of group, without destroying positions of other instances placed in scene, or in another groups
- ability to edit linked libraries groups directly in current blend file
- ability to crate group proxy
This makes working with huge scenes with lots of objects easy and gives all the pros of group instances:
- less memory memory usage
- easy selection of multiple objects with one click
Here is video tutorial/demo how to use GroupPro (now new videos):
And blenderartist thread with QA:
You will get free updates whenever there are new ones.
Update 2.0.8 and 2.0.9(for Blender 2.8 only)
- fixed initialize function
- flip - now is aware of previously created copy. It will update its position, instead of creating new instance of flip
- Added ability to group collections. See vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcreHIRw3f8
Update 2.0.11 (for Blender 2.8 only fix)
- grouping collection now fully supported (Right click in outliner -> 'Group from collection').
- quaternion option added to preferences (prevents gimbal lock that may sometimes happen with euler object rotations, but less user friendly that euler rotations)
- More options for Flip operator (new coordinate systems - global, local cursor)
- Origin to center of bounding box added
Update 2.0.12 (for Blender 2.8 only fix)
- added local mode options: tree, list
- option for linking modifier objects added
- option for linking children objects added
Update 2.0.13 (for Blender 2.8 only fix)
- added 'update addon' option in preferences. When next release of GP will be out, use it to automatically download and install new GP version. Hopefully it will work :). Problems may be reported eg. on discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/cxZDbqH
- improved pick group - gives more predictable results, bugfixes.
Update 2.0.17 (22.05.2019- will work only with blender builds after 21may):
- Compatibility fixes for latest blender release (after 21 may)
- Added option to un-instance meshes when creating Group Copy.
Update 2.1.0 (12.09.2019, for blender 2.8)
- Added Proxies generation support
- added ability to edit linked libraries groups (beta)
- new documentation
Update 2.1.3 (19.11.2019, for blender 2.8)
- fix bad bounding box drawing, when using 'set origin'
- 'create group' will use active object collection as target for placing new group empty
Update 2.1.5 (12.02.2020)
- better handling of broken groups,
- opening group will now make its collection active in outliner
- added - apply transformation (loc, rot or/and scale)
- fix drawing of bbox after refactor
Update 2.1.6 (21.02.2020)
- Pick Open - you can now scroll to change opened hierarchy depth,
- fix isolate view,
- material menu - added 'Change color'
- UI cleanup
Update 2.1.7 (23.02.2020)
- you can now snap to the corners of group bounding boxes (for old groups you have to open them then close - after that corner snapping will work)
- fixed SSL certificate error problem
- added faster material color update
- added option to disable bounding box vertices
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.