A simple tool designed for 3d modelers to save time on exporting multiple objects and to allow them the freedom to continue working in one max file. Script allows exporting to the following formats using the layer manager: FBX,OBJ,3DS,ASE, and separate max files.
Version Requirement: 3ds Max 2012- 3ds Max 2014. Untested in 2015+
How to use:
- Drop script into your Scripts folder.
- Assign objects you wish to be exported together as one file to a new layer in the Layer Manager. Name the layer according to what you would like the exported file name to be.
- Each layer with its assigned contents will be exported as its own file based on the format of your choosing and named according to its layer name. So if you have 10 layers in the Layer Manager you will get ten exported files.
- Anything assigned to Default Layer 0 will not be exported. Use Default Layer 0 for anything you don't want to export out such as reference planes.
- After layers are created simply run the script, select your format and target destination, and then click the export button.