The past few months have seen a flurry of activity in the interactive TV/video space, including premieres or announcements of interactive shows from such companies as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, the BBC, FBE and even Wal Mart. While the renewed interest in so-called "personalized" or "choose-your-own-adventure" programming has received the most media attention, other forms of interactive TV--including shoppable TV, interactive advertising, "single-screen" programming enhancements, "second-screen" apps and more--are also enjoying a resurgence, and new technological developments such as ATSC 3.0 and 5G appear to have the potential to enable a range of new interactive TV and video experiences.
This session will bring together representatives of the companies at the forefront of interactive TV's resurgence, in order to discuss their latest projects, share lessons from the field, and outline how they expect the interactive TV space to evolve in the coming months and years. Panelists include:
• Jim Bennette, VP of Sales and Business Development, Applicaster
• Mark Corl, SVP of Emergent Technology Development, Triveni Digital/Chair, ATSC 3.0 Specialist Group on Interactive Environment
• Dan Garraway, Co-Founder, WIREWAX
• Jason George, CEO, Telescope
• Marc Hustvedt, CEO, FBE
• Tracy Swedlow, Editor-in-Chief, ITVT (Moderator)