THE BODYSUIT YOU'LL MAKE
- Tight fit!
- Thong in the back
- Snap buttons at the crotch
- Bodysuit style but you can cut the pattern at hip level for a simple tight turtleneck
SIZING and HEIGHTS
Bodysuits are a bit height sensitive... if you know what I mean. Yes, the length of ones arms or torso or the distance from neck to belly button on average don't really change that much from a 5.4 to a 5.7 person. But basically if you've got big boobs you're gonna have more volume pulling the fabric on the front and so you won't be able to close the bodysuit (or you'll able and ouch). So I've made two versions of the pattern, 1) "Basic", and 2) for taller people with longer torso / big boobs, "Basic Plus", it's got 4 cm more in length.
- Basic - regular for the great majority of folks. XS/34 to 3XL/46.
- Basic Plus - taller, longer torso / big boobs. S/36 to 3XL/46 (no XS/34!!)
Not sure which size is yours? Compare your measurement with the ones I used to grade the pattern, in CM or in IN. Note that your butt / hip measurements are not sensitive ones since it's a thong bodysuit.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Jersey fabric with elastane = lycra = spandex. Any stretchy fabric really, but please, if an elastane/cotton mix, then 8% elastane is good (5% is not enough I find). The fabric is always break or make. If not stretchy enough, it'll squeeze you so much it'll be uncomfortable. It's always good to test...
- Fabric requirements for the Basic version 160 cm / 62'' wide fabric: XS 80 cm / 32'', all other sizes 1 m / 40''.
- Fabric requirements for the Basic Plus version 160 cm / 62'' wide fabric: XS 85 cm / 34'', all other sizes 1,10 m / 44''.
- Twin needle to sew jersey
- Snap buttons and some woven fabric tape (10 cm / 4 in) for the crotch
HOW TO SEW IT
Check out my tutorial on Youtube: https://youtu.be/ORHLFsrL-T0
Also, another tutorial on how to sew the edges of panties part better: https://youtu.be/cr2xzPRv9vg
As you can see I'm sewing most seams using a serger. No serger? Use the stretch or the zig zag stitches on your sewing machine.
WHAT YOU GET
- Pattern in PDF files
- 2 sizes, for each size 2 versions (except for XS, only available in Basic)
- Both A4 and US Letter printing formats
- Language is English only
- Checkbox in both inches and cm
- Just print and stick together, no cutting required!
And you know what, listen: if you made a mistake, got the wrong size, I'll send you the right one, if you're not happy about your purchase, I'll refund you. 😘
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.