A collaboration hosted and facilitated by Alissa Mayer EHSE-C, creator of A Somatic Approach to Horsemanship™ and JoAnna Mendl Shaw, Artistic Director of The Equus Projects.
May 29-31, 2020 - Oakridge, Oregon USA
3-Day Interspecies Research LAB (IRL)
$175/participant (space is limited)
Scroll down for event Details, Dates/Times, etc.
July 17-21, 2020 - Oakridge, Oregon USA
5-Day IRL Retreat + Performance
$375/participant (space is limited)
These Inter-species Research LABs (IRL) are a forum for kinetic exploration, theoretic discourse and personal investigation. Guided equine experiences provide a distinctly non human-centric lens through which we explore personal bias, the practice of listening, presence, adaptability and collaboration. LAB participants each present a session on their own expertise and/or research in the form of a movement experience, lecture or facilitated discussion.
LAB & Retreat Details
May 29-31, 2020 - Wild Prairie Ranch, Oakridge, Oregon USA
Friday May 29, 5-8pm - Welcome Dinner/Presentation @ Wild Prairie Ranch
Saturday May 30 8:30am-5pm - LAB
Sunday May 31 8:30am-4pm - LAB
July 17-21, 2020 - Wild Prairie Ranch, Oakridge, Oregon USA
Friday July 17, 5-8pm - Welcome Dinner/Presentation @ Wild Prairie Ranch
Saturday July 18, 8:30am-5pm - LAB/RETREAT
Sunday July 19, 8:30am-5pm - LAB/RETREAT
Monday July 20, 8:30am-5pm - FOCUS on Horsemanship or Choreography
Tuesday July 21, 9am-2pm - FOCUS/REHEARSAL Day
Tuesday July 21, 6pm - PERFORMANCE @ Wild Prairie Ranch
• Limited participants at each event (if full, contact us to get on the waiting list)
• Auditors are welcome, click here to register and reserve your AUDITOR spot!
• The 5-Day Retreat includes the standard 3-Day LAB presentations and experiential somatic and hands-on horse activities, PLUS an additional day of Focused work on Horsemanship and/or Choreography AND a full day of performance rehearsal/prep + an evening public performance opportunity with the horses.
(performing is optional)
*Limited space for additional horses if you wish to participate with your own horse(s). Contact Alissa to inquire about availability (email@example.com)
Previous Presenters have included:
Lisa Bradley - Equine assisted Therapist
Jessica Ealy - Dancer, Mustang Trainer
Jessica Ferran - Equine Photographer
Sally Ann Ness - Anthropologist
Nita Little - Contact Improvisation
Alissa Mayer - Hanna Somatics & Horsemanship
JoAnna Mendl Shaw - The Equus Projects
Kate Pagliasotti - Acupuncturist & Gyrotonics Teacher
Kat Reese - Dancer, The Equus Projects
Bonnie Simoa - Continuum Teacher, Somatic Dance Educator
Location - Oakridge, Oregon - USA
• Some on-farm accommodations for both humans and horses are available (cabins, shared farm-house, camping, horse-board in stalls or paddocks).
• Limited space for additional horses if you wish to participate with your own horse(s). Additional fees apply.
Contact Alissa for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Space is limited, register soon!
Contact us if you have questions:
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Thank you for registering for our 2020 Interspecies Research LAB or IRL Retreat!
Your reading list and downloads are available now, and we will be in touch via email with the live event details soon!
Wild Prairie Ranch Address:
77615 High Prairie Road
Oakridge, OR 97463
- Alissa & JoAnna
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.Tweet Share