These videos offer raw, unedited footage of Elliot Temple writing philosophy emails for the Fallible Ideas discussion group. They include verbal comments on the issues, many of which aren't in the emails themselves. You can learn:
- What mistakes Elliot makes and corrects during writing, which are invisible in final emails.
- Elliot's writing flow – how fast he writes, when he stops to think, how much he writes in one chunk before thinking again.
- Elliot's thought process for writing and deciding what to comment on.
- How to participate in a philosophy discussion forum.
- Good ideas about topics covered like making friends, writing for a context, evolution, calories, and lots more.
See Elliot's actual writing process, and compare to your own. Each difference is an area worth giving some thought to – maybe you could make an improvement. Or if you don't already have a writing process, you can develop one based off how Elliot writes.
There are recordings of 4 writing sessions totaling 5 hours.